Monday, February 1, 2010

Reduction and Termination

This is a very sensitive subject and many people have varied reactions and feeling towards it. I will not terminate unless there are significant health risks involved for either me or the baby. Most mental delays and minor defects are not considered significant in my book. I have worked with many special needs children over the years and they have all had wonderful fun filled lives. Depending on what was found, I would need to talk with the doctors and do research before any decision was made. But I will not terminate for gender, down syndrome, cleft lip/palate. There are other reasons out there but this is a general list. If my health is in jeopardy, than I will follow the recommendations of the doctors. If the babies health is at risk, again, I will follow doctors recommendations. By health I mean life or death. If I match with a couple wishing to do a GS journey, I will not transfer more than two embryos at a time. I feel that I could do well carrying twins, but the greater health risks involved with larger multiple births is to great for me. If one or both of those two embryos happen to split, then doctors, parents and I will sit down and talk about risks and possible reduction. If you have questions on this matter or would like an answer to when or what situations I would consider reduction/termination please feel free to email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment