Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Being a Single Parent

I just want to clarify that I am single by choice. My sons dad is still involved in his life, but, we disagree on many aspects of childraising, and my son must come first. As any parent knows, you would do anything for your child. For me, that involves living with my parents and continuing my education. My son is surrounded by loving people who care for him deeply. He is growing up in a household where everyone has his best intrest in mind. Some may call this spoiled and tell me that he needs to "man up" but if love means spoiled, then yes my son is spoiled rotten. Don't get me wrong I do believe in limits but I will not make him cry for more than five minutes at a time to teach him something when all he wants is to be cuddled or some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment